North Carolina Hillel is the foundation for Jewish campus life at all colleges and universities in North Carolina (except Duke University) - the only statewide Hillel in the country. Based in Chapel Hill but serving campuses across the state, North Carolina Hillel's staff and student interns work to create vibrant Jewish campus communities and develop our community's future leaders.
The mission of North Carolina Hillel is to enrich the lives of North Carolina's Jewish undergraduate and graduate students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. NC Hillel seeks to provide students with meaningful Jewish experiences and foster within them an enduring connection to Jewish life.
NC Hillel is committed to these core values:
- Creating a pluralistic, welcoming and inclusive environment;
- Supporting students in growing intellectually, spiritually and socially;
- Helping students find a balance in being distinctively Jewish and universally human by encouraging them to pursue tzedek (social justice), tikkun olam (repairing the world) and Jewish learning;
- Embracing Israel and global Jewish peoplehood; and
- Delivering excellence, innovation, accountability and results.